Do you know the launching date of 5g in India? What is 5G? How does this 5G technology work? In what way is this 5G better than the current 4G? If you want to know about all these things, then you must read this tutorial.
Where earlier phones were wired based, then the era of cordless came and now wireless phones are going on. In place of earlier basic phones, people of present generation use smartphones. Generation is also connected, which has traveled the journey from 1G to 4G and is now moving towards 5G (5G mobile), in such a situation, it can be quite interesting to know what the upcoming 5G is.
What is the technology used in it and how can it change the existing mobile industry, how can people be obliged in it, etc.
If we look at the last few years, then we will be able to know that in the field of mobile technology, a generation is increasing every 10 years. Like the first generation (1G) in the 1980s, the second generation (2G) in the 1990s, the third generation (3G) in the 2000s, the 4th generation (4G) in the 2010s and now the turn of the fifth generation.
What is 5G technology
5G is the fifth generation of the mobile network. The fifth generation is the full form of 5G. Fifth-generation wireless or 5G is very latest cellular technology. Which has been specially engineered so that the speed and responsiveness of the wireless network can be increased easily.
In the same 5G, data can be transferred at a speed of more than about 20 GB through a wireless broadband connection. With this it offers very low latency which is 1ms. Due to the higher bandwidth and advanced antenna technology in 5G, more amount of data can be transmitted via wireless.
In addition to the improvement in speed, capacity or latency, 5G also offers other network management features, including main network slicing, which allows other mobile operators to create multiple virtual networks to create a single physical 5G network.
With this capability, wireless network connections can be used in any specific users or business cases and can also be sold on as a service basis. An example is a self-driving car, which require a network slice that provides an extremely fast, low-latency connection. This allows a vehicle to navigate in real time.
In the other hand we can connect the home appliances via a low power, slow connection because there is no need for high performance in it.
Features of 5G technology
Right now we know about some special 5G technology feature which is not present in current network technology :-
- It now has a 10gbps data rate, network improvement at the rate of 10 to 100x compared to 4G.
- 1 millisecond latency.
- It has 100x bandwidth per unit area
- It is available all the time so it has availability up to 99.999%.
- It provide100% coverage.
- It helps a lot in saving energy, due to which it helps reduce network energy usage by about 90%.
- In this, you can use low power IoT devices that can provide you power for about 10 years.
- It have high increased peak bit rate
- There is a unit area at a higher data volume.
- There is more capacity, which helps it to connect concurrently and instantaneously with more devices.
- It consume lower battery
- It provides better connectivity to any geographic region.
- It supports a higher number of supported devices
- Its costs much less to develop infrastructure
- It has more reliability in communications (5G in india).
How 5G technology work
Wireless networks mainly consist of cell sites that are divided into sectors which send data through radio waves. It would not be wrong to say that four generation (4G) Long Term Evolution wireless (LTE) technology was the foundation of 5G.
Where 4G requires a large high power cell tower to radiate signal to long distance but in case of 5G many small cell stations are needed to transmit the 5G single in long distance .which we can be installed in light pole or building roofs.
Multiple small cells are used here because the band of spectrum in this millimeter-wave spectrum is always within 30 GHz to 300 GHz and high speed is required to produce 5G which can travel only short distance.
Apart from this, 5G signal can be easily interfere with any weather and physical obstacles like building.
If we talk about first generation technology, it used the lower frequency band of the spectrum. With this millimeter-wave challenge so that the distance and interference are more, to counter this, the wireless industry has thought of using lower-frequency spectrum in 5G network so that the network operator can use the spectrum that they already have.
One thing we should keep in mind is that the lower frequency spectrum always covers more distance but it has lower speed and capacity compared to millimeters.
What is the status of 5G deployment
The main development of 5G is the highest among these four countries of the world is United States, Japan, South Korea ,China. Here wireless network operators are paying much attention to creating 5G buildout. It is believed that the network operators are going to spend around millions of billion-dollars in terms of 5G by 2030.
Well-known tech company 'Technology Business research Inc.' Says that it is not yet clear how this 5G services will guarantee the return of there investment.
Simultaneously, other standard bodies are also operating above the universal 5G equipment standards. Recently third generation partnership project has given approval for the 5G New Radio Standard in December 2017 and by the end of 2018, they expect to end the 5G mobile core standard which is essential for 5G cellular service. This 5G radio system is not compatible with 4G radio, but the network operator has purchased wireless radios that he wants to upgrade. They want to upgrade it through software and not hardware updates because they may need to buy new equipment in hardware updates.
While the 5G wireless equipment standard is often exhausted, the first 5G compliant smartphones and other associated wireless devices are expected to be commercially available by 2019. 5G technology is expected to be fully used by 2020. By 2030, 5G service will be used full-fledge and will be used in autonomous vehicle navigation in virtual reality content. It can also be monitored in real time.
How many type of technology in 5G
There are three type of technology in 5G :-
- Low band 5G
- Midband 5G
- high band 5G (Milimeter wave)
What is the advance feature of 5G in india
If we compare this 5G technology with the earlier radio technology, then in this we can see the following advance features such as : -
- In it we can get practically 10gbps super speed.
- Latency will be 1 milliseconds (in end to end round trip).
- Along with this, there is a unit area on 1000X bandwidth.
- It can connect up to 10 to 100 devices very easily.
- It provides world wide coverage.
- Apart from this, energy reduction of about 90% is done.
- Battery life is very long in this compared to others.(5G in india)
What is 5G spectrum band
5G networks run on the 3400 MHz, 3500 MHz and 360 MHz bands. The 3500 MHz band is considered ideal. The millimeter-wave spectrum can play an important role in 5G. These are called millimeter-waves because their length is 1 to 10 mm.
Millimeter waves operate at 30 to 300 GHz frequencies. Yet these waves can be used in satellite networks and rudder systems.
If millimeter-wave is used in 5G, then the credit will also go to Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose. He showed in 1895 that these waves could be used for communication.
Advantage of 5G technology
- High resolution and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
- Through this, all networks can be brought under one platform.
- It is very effective and efficient.
- Its download and upload speed is very good.
- Through this technology, Super Vision Tools have been provided to the subscriber so that he can take quick action.
- It can lead to large-scale broadcasting, so that it can support more than 60000 connections.
- It can be easily managed with previous generation.
- You can control your PC via handset.
- This makes education very easy because any student can get knowledge from any part of the world.
- Medical treatment can also be easy because a doctor can cure a patient who is located in any remote location of the world with this technology.
- This will make monitoring easier because the government organization and the Investigating Officer can easily monitor any place, which is likely to bring down the crime rate.
- It will be very easy to see the space galaxy and another planet.
- It will be easy to find any lost person.
- Even major natural disaster such as tsunami, earthquake etc. can be detected in advance.
Disadvantage of 5G technology
- This 5G technology is still under process and research is going on.
- It seems difficult to achieve the speed that they are talking about, because it does not yet have that much technical support presently in many parts of the world.
- Many older devices are not compatible with this new 5G technology, due to which they will have to be replaced.
- It takes more cost to develop its infrastructure.(5G in india)
- It still has the security and privacy related issues which is yet to be solved.
What are the application of 5G technology
- It can become a Unified Global Standard for the whole world.
- Through this, network efficiency will be all around, so that more and more people will be able to use this best technology anytime and anywhere.
- Due to IPv6 technology, the IP address of the mobile will be provided according to their connected network and geographical position.
- It has the ability to turn the entire world into a real WiFi zone.
- Through its cognitive radio technology, different versions of radio technology can use the same spectrum efficiently.
- Through this technology, people of high altitude can easily get the facility of radio signal.
Launching date of 5G in India
You must be wondering that when 5G mobile will be launched (5G in india) ? The government has started preparing for the auction for 5G spectrum. The government has asked TRAI to suggest initial prices for the auction of 3400 to 3600 MHz band. TRAI has started work on this. The Department of Telecom may also bring a policy in this regard soon.